By Dave Mason, Public Information Supervisor, East Bay Regional Park District
Effective 6:00 p.m. Sunday, December 6, 2020, all campgrounds, outdoor museums (visitor centers), and children’s playgrounds at East Bay Regional Park District locations will be closed until further notice as mandated by the six Bay Area county regional health officers’ order announced yesterday.
Facility Closures Include:
- Ardenwood Historic Farm
- Regional Parks Botanic Garden
- Regional Park visitor centers remain closed, including Black Diamond, Big Break, Coyote Hills, Crab Cove, Sunol and Tilden
Campgrounds Closures Include:
- Del Valle Regional Park (Livermore)
- Anthony Chabot Regional Park (Oakland)
- Robert Sibley Regional Preserve Backpack Campground (Oakland)
Future camp reservations through made through January 4 will be cancelled, including for the Sibley backpack camp, and customers will receive full refunds.
Outdoor activity is encouraged by health officials during the new Regional Stay Home Order. The Park District reminds visitors that spending time in nature is important for mental and physical health and wellbeing. To keep yourselves and Park District staff safe when visiting regional parks and trails, please wear masks when within six feet of others and recreate responsibly. Please keep parks safe for everyone by following all COVID-19 safety requirements.