In April, construction crews will continue installing the large overhead signs already visible throughout the corridor. Also, electrical work for the communications network will continue on some city streets.
The overhead sign frames will support the future travel and toll information signs and the communications network will facilitate the transmission of data for the express lanes.
What to Expect
- Intermittent and alternating nightly closures will occur in the northbound and southbound directions on I-680 from Walnut Creek to San Ramon in the lanes closest to the median and in the lane closest to the shoulder. Approved construction work hours are: Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Friday from 8 p.m. – 7 a.m., Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- To support directional boring and the installation of conduit, the following ramp closures are scheduled for (detour routes below):
- Southbound Alcosta Blvd. off-ramp is scheduled to be closed from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. each night, Monday, April 11 through Friday, April 15.
- Northbound Stone Valley Rd. on-ramp is scheduled to be closed from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. each night, from Monday, April 11 through Friday, April 15.
- To maintain a safe work zone, construction activity on San Ramon Valley Boulevard and Crow Canyon Road will require lane reductions and reduced speed limits, weekdays from April 4 through June 30, between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Construction crews will be present on some city streets during the day near I-680 from Martinez to Dublin with temporary and minor pedestrian detours to maintain public safety.
- Temporary k-rail, construction signage and orange plastic fencing will be present from Martinez to Dublin to maintain a safe work zone.
- Construction lighting will be present and directed away from residential areas.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Please use caution while traveling through the construction zone.
Ramp Closure Detours
Southbound Alcosta Blvd. off-ramp closure detour: Continue on I-680 southbound past Alcosta Blvd., Exit at Dublin Blvd., Enter I-680 northbound at Dublin Blvd., Continue northbound on I-680, and Exit at Alcosta Blvd.
Northbound Stone Valley Rd. on-ramp closure detour: At Stone Valley Road, Enter I-680 southbound, Exit at El Pintado Rd., and Enter I-680 northbound at El Pintado Rd.