Starring Antioch youth
Presented by Aspire Youth Engagement Programs, Inc. Visual & Performing Arts Academy and City of Antioch
Come watch Annie, Jr., the exciting musical based on the popular Tony-winning musical Annie. Follow the journey of a young orphan, Annie as she determines to find her parents!
This exciting show, free to the public, features Antioch scholars from Kindergarten through 12th grade, mounting the stage in dance, song and theater performances.
With over 18 years of experience with providing impactful youth services programs throughout Northern California, Pittsburg-based Aspire Youth Engagement Programs, Inc. continue to excel as leaders in the industry, keeping our pulse to the ever-changing needs of today’s youth, while creating relevant and fresh programs that make a difference. Aspire Programs among others include:
- City of Antioch (January 2022-present)
- “Annie, Jr.” our upcoming production coming on Friday and Saturday, June 23rd and 24th at the Nick Rodriguez Community Theater at 213 F Street in Antioch’s historic, downtown Rivertown. This production, free to the public features scholars, Kinder-12th grade from the city of Antioch, mounting the stage in Dance, Song and Theater performances.
- Musical Production – “The Wiz Jr.” – City of Antioch (2022)
- Painting & Spoken Word (Middle School/High School scholars – City of Antioch – Summer 2022)
- Basketball Summer Camp (13- to 17-year-old boys) June 20th – July 15th, 2023 (38 scholars)
- After School Programs which includes Dance, Theatre and Voice/Choir (Pittsburg Unified School District ‘PUSD’ – 2018-present)
- Bay Point – Dance Classes (1st-8th Grade), Ambrose Community Center (March-June 2023)
- Visual & Performing Arts Academy
- Annual Holiday Musical Production “Joy – The Urban Nutcracker – (88 Scholars from Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley and Pittsburg). Performed at Pittsburg Creative Arts Building, Big Theater, December 10, 2022;
- STEM & STEAM Programs (PUSD, April 2020; April 2021; April,2022 (virtual)
- Girl’s Leadership Program (Social Etiquette, Fashion, Future Leaders)
Aspire Youth Engagement Programs are designed to help Kinder – 12th grade scholars discover and develop their true potential focusing on key areas of growth – academically, emotionally and through leadership development – to become their best within the community.
THE COMMUNITY BENEFITS OF VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS
The performing arts are intrinsically valuable for the beauty and fulfillment they bring, but researchers have observed that it also brings other benefits such as Empathy, Academic Performance, and Self Esteem. Performing onstage is frightening for newcomers, which is why students feel an immense confidence boost after they practice hard, work together, and successfully stage a play for friends, the community and family. The kids in our programs practice teamwork, gain confidence, learn leadership and build a skill set not only for a theater stage, but for the real world.