Survey seeks input on future of the campus and school theme
WHAT: Informational meeting on reopening of Holbrook School for the 2017-2018 school year
WHEN: Thursday, September 29, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Holbrook School, 3333 Ronald Way, Concord, 94519 (Directions)
Holbrook School is reopening for the 2017-2018 school year. The community is invited to a meeting to discuss facility plans, programs, and to talk about the future of the campus. The meeting will be held on September 29th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in the multi-use room at the Holbrook campus, 3333 Ronald Way, Concord. Snacks will be provided, and child care will be available. MDUSD is committed to a quality academic program that prepares all our students for the 21st century. A survey (English or Spanish) has been developed for the community to provide input on how the district can best accomplish this, and also to solicit input on proposed themes for the school, including:
- Technology (integration of technology into the curriculum that is student-centered and aligned to the Common Core State Standards)
- Visual and Performing Arts (school-wide focus i.e. music, art, theater)
- Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) (school-wide focus in these four areas extended beyond the standards and hands-on)
- Project based learning (Classroom approach in which students actively explore real-world
- problems and challenges and acquire a deeper knowledge)
For additional information, please contact Stephanie Roberts, Director of Special Projects, at 925-682-8000 x6203 or email@example.com.