Upcoming construction activity for the Express Lanes on I-680 between Walnut Creek and San Ramon requires temporary, nighttime ramp closures. The construction activity will include the excavation and paving of maintenance vehicle pullouts on the ramp shoulders. Once complete, the vehicle pullouts will create a safer environment for highway maintenance crews.
Due to the dynamic nature of this work, the ramp closures are scheduled to occur intermittently Monday, June 13 through Friday, July 1 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. The ramp closures will be intermittent and will alternate as work is completed.
The following ramp closures are scheduled:
- The southbound Rudgear Road on-ramp
- The northbound Stone Valley Road off-ramp
- The northbound El Cerro Boulevard on-ramp
- The southbound Bollinger Canyon Road on-ramp
What to Expect
- In addition to the ramp closures, intermittent and alternating nightly closures will occur in the northbound and southbound directions in the lanes closest to the median, and in the lane closest to the shoulder from Martinez to Dublin. Approved construction work hours are: Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Friday from 8 p.m. – 7 a.m., Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Construction crews will be present on some city streets during the day near I-680 from Martinez to Dublin with temporary and minor pedestrian detours to maintain public safety.
- Construction lighting will be present and directed away from residential areas.
- When traveling near construction activity
- Always use caution
- Be prepared to reduce speeds
- Follow posted signs
Ramp Closure Detour Routes
- Southbound Rudgear Road on-ramp: Enter northbound I-680 from Rudgear Rd, continue on northbound I-680, exit at Olympic Blvd., head west on Olympic Blvd., and enter southbound I-680.
- Northbound Stone Valley Road off-ramp: Continue on northbound I-680, exit at the Livorna Rd. off-ramp, head west on Livorna Rd., enter southbound I-680, and exit at the Stone Valley Rd. off-ramp.
- Northbound El Cerro Boulevard on-ramp: Enter southbound I-680, continue on southbound I-680, exit at Diablo Rd., head east on Diablo Rd, and enter northbound I-680.
- Southbound Bollinger Canyon Road on-ramp: Enter northbound I-680, continue on northbound I-680, exit at Crow Canyon Rd., head west on Crow Canyon Rd., and enter southbound I-680.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Please use caution while traveling through the construction zone.